Updated Bennie van der Walt bibliography
Removed some dead links on the front page and updated some others
Roy Clouser's “Reading Genesis” Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith 68(4).
H. R. Rookmaaker (1922-1977) pages added
The Kuyper pages have been updated
List of reformational scholars has been made alphabetical
Banks, Matt 2013. An analysis of Abraham Kuyper’s distinction between the church as institute and the church as organism. MTh dissertation Oak Hill College, London.
Bibliography of works on Kuyper and list on works by Kuyper In English available online
More links added to papers by E.L. Hebden Taylor
Renato Coletto's bibliography updated with papers and links including:
2015. With M.F. Heyns. Reconciling science and faith: dialogues with Anton Van Niekerk. Tydskrif vir Christelike wetenskap/ Journal for Christian scholarship, 51(3):37-61.
Harry van Belle - five more papers added.
John Choi page added a new paper
Jan Lever pages added.
Gerrit Glas pages added - with 15 papers
Updated the Albert Weideman pages with links to several of his recent papers.
Abraham Kuyper 1879, Het heil in ons (1879; repr. Kampen: Kok, 1910), pp. 165–225. This study appeared in thirteen instalments in the Sunday supplement of De Standaard, from Aug. 2 to Nov. 15, 1874 (translated by Harry Van Dyke).
Arthur Jones 2015. Discipleship & Mission added.
Geert van Dijk 2014. Het concrete is het wezenlijke. Het denken van A Janse van Biggekerke (1890-1960) over Gods verbond met mensen. [The concrete is the real. The thought of A Janse of Biggekerke (1890-1960) concerning God's covenant with humanity.] Zoetermeer: Boekencentrum Uitgevers, 2014. An English summary is here
Johan van der Hoeven 1986. “The Problem of Evil – Crucible for the Authenticity and Modesty of Philosophizing: In Discussion with Paul Ricoeur”. In South African Journal of Philosophy 6 (2): 44-52.
Johan van der Hoeven bibliography updated.
Herman Dooyeweerd 1932. ARJA [Antirevolutionaire Jongerenactie]. De Standaard Tues. 29 Nov. 1932.
Richard Russell pages updated
Bernard Zylstra pages updated
Philosophia Reformata index updated
Danie Strauss article added
Chris Gousmett article and sermon added
Frederick Fourie pages added with several papers.
Added the Gui Braun Jr pages
Updated the Klapwijk pages
2013. Between Historicism & Relativism: Dynamics of Historicism and the Philosophical Development of Ernst Troeltsch. Amsterdam: VU University, online. [Translation of Tussen historisme en relativisme, 1970]
Updated the technology bibliography
2014. 'Christian, providential, or ecclesiastical? Charting Christian perspectives on history' Fides et Historia 14(1) (Winter/ Spring): 58-65.
Arthur Jones 1998. Science in Faith: An Outline of a Christian Approach to the Sciences. Christian Schools' Trust, 1998.
Kuyper pieces translated by Harry Van Dyke
All ©Translation by Harry Van Dyke
1890. "Lecture on missions." Given at the mission conference, Amsterdam, Jan. 28–30, 1890.
1901. "Catholic Voters of District VIII" Source: Kuyper-archief, Historisch Documentatiecentrum VU, nr.6460.
1909. "Kuyper on political cartooning." From the Foreword to Dr. Kuyper in de Caricatuur. (Amsterdam: Van Holkema & Warendorf, 1909)
1909. "Kuyper on coalitions and antithesis." From Wij, Calvinisten . . . (Kok, Kampen, 1909), 11–18. Selection from an address to the 17th National Assembly of Anti-Revolutionary Party delegates, convened in Utrecht on 22 April 1909, in preparation for the coming general elections
1909. "Kuyper on Calvin" From Wij, Calvinisten . . . (Kok, Kampen, 1909). Extract from Abraham Kuyper’s address to the 17th National Assembly of Delegates of the Antirevolutionary Party, gathered at Utrecht, 24 April 1909, in preparation for the upcoming general election campaign. This translation of pp. 149–52.
1937-8. "Some third-hand information about Kuyper’s conversion." Letter from P. H. A. van Krieken to H. Colijn.
Added to the Arthur Jones pages
Added three papers to the Janse pages:
A. Janse 1936-37. "The truly human and Greek philosophy" De Reformatie 17 (1936-37) 44 (30 July 1937): 357-358. (Translated by Chris Gousmett)
A. Janse 1939. "Psalm 2 at Christmastime 1939." Pro Ecclesia 5 (12/13) (23 December): 46. Reprinted in Gereformeerd Schoolblad3(2) (1983):2-7.
A. Janse 1946. “God's Word is more than gold.” Kerkblad van de Gereformeerde Kerk van Breda (13 April). Translation from: Christian Renewal 3(2). (January 21, 1985).
An English translation of Vollenhoven's obituary of Janse has been added and the link to Janse's bibliography corrected.
The Arthur Jones page has started with the following papers:
"Christian professional training for practitioners" (version 14)
Added links to Roy Clouser videos:These recordings of Roy Clouser are taken from the Wrestlers Class of National Presbyterian Church, 4101 Nebraska Avenue, NW, Washington, DC USA.
|Presenter Name(s)||Title||Course Date||Click for recordings|
|Roy Clouser||Reformed Theology and the Myth of Religious Neutrality (2 of 2)||4/25/2010||Link|
|Roy Clouser||Can we Know that God is True?||5/15/2011||Link|
|Roy Clouser||The Idea of a Christian Philosophy||3/11/2012||Link|
|Roy Clouser||The Dutch Philosopher Dooyeweerd's Theory of Reality||3/18/2012||Link|
Finding an Alternative to Over-Development by Bob Goudzwaard. Edited by Bruce C. Wearne. (Bristol & Asia: All of life Redeemed, 2013)
Mike Goheen pages updated with new affiliations, new CV and updated paper
Harry van Belle pages updated with three new papers and links corrected
All of life redemeed newsletter issue 3 added (vol 2(1)).
International Reformed Bulletin issues 9-15 added.
2012. "Review of Alvin Plantinga's Conflict" Perspectives on Science and Christian Faith 64 (3) September.
2012. "Pancreationism: the fall of theology" In The Presence of God in Orthodoxy: Divine Essence and Divine Energies (Cambridge: Thomas James).
Jeremy Ive's PhD Thesis
Richard Russell 1976. Reason and Commitment MEd Thesis Bristol University.
Added to the Renato Coletto pages:
2009. Neo-calvinist organisations for political action. Woord en daad /Word and action, 49(4) (Summer, n. 410):5-10.
2010. Reformational organisations for labour relations. Woord en daad /Word and action. 50(2) (Winter, n. 412):24-28.
2010. Reformational institutions for higher education. Woord en daad /Word and action. 50 (Spring): 9-14.
2010. Educational associations in the Kuyperian tradition. Woord en daad /Word and action. 50 (Summer): 9-12.
2011. Reformational outposts for information and communication. Woord en daad /Word and action 51 (Autumn): 29-33.
2011. Neo-Calvinist organisations for farming, business, tourism and so forth. Woord en daad /Word and action 51 (Winter): 29-33
August Lecerf pages added
International Reformed Bulletin issues 5-8 added
Jeremy Ive pages started
Alida Sewell pages started
Mark S. Roques 'Popper, Darwinism and Third World Evolutionary Epistemology' (MPhil ICS, 1986)
Pierre-Charles Marcel pages started
International Reformed Bulletin issues 1-4
Separate subject/ discipline pages added
Business, vocation, music and law bibliography/ resources added
Andree Troost pages added
Updated the Groen van Prinsterer pages with a timeline and a refreshed bibliography
Mary Stewart van Leeuwen pages started
Jim Skillen pages updated
Irving Hexham pages started
Mary Stewart van Leeuwen pages added
Groen van Prinsterer bibliography updated
All of Life Redeeemed Newsletter vol 1 (1) Summer 2011
The Kuyper newsletter vol 1 (1) January 1980
The Kuyper newsletter vol 1 (2) June 1980
The Kuyper newsletter vol 1 (3) October 1980
The Kuyper newsletter vol 2 (1) April 1981
The Kuyper newsletter vol 2 (2) June 1981-1982
Roy Clouser (2011) 'A response to Glenn Friessen' Philosophia Reformata
An Abraham Kuyper time line with links to online works
Translated by Dr. David Hanson. [It originally appeared in Ned. Geref. Teol. Tydskrif (Dutch Reformed Theological Journal), March 1969 (pp.97-114).]
Added to the H G Stoker pages
- "God in himself" and "God as revealed to us": the impact of the substance concept Acta Theologica Vol 30 (1) 2010:123-144.
- The central religious community of mankind in the Philosophy of the Cosmonomic Idea, Philosophia Reformata, 2de kw. (pp.58-67).
Three papers by Mike Goheen added:
- Continuing Steps Toward a Missional Hermeneutic, Fideles, Volume 3 (2008), 49-99.
- A Missionary Encounter with Western Culture, ACT 3 Review, 15, 1, (2006), 155-171.
- Imaging God in Our Bodily Lives, BC Christian News, (October 2007) 27, 10, 28-29.
Mike Goheen’s bibliography has been updated
Many of the links to other websites have been updated.
- The “eclipse” of the object of research in late-modern philosophy of science: causes and possible remedies. Tydskrif vir christelike wetenskap/Journal for christian scholarship, 44(1-2):19-38.
- Christian scholarship within reformed circles. Acta academica, 41(3):16-41.
- Strategies towards a reformation of the theology-based approach to christian scholarship. In die Skriflig, 43(2):291-313
- 2010. Traces of neo-Calvinism in France and Italy. Koers, (Special Edition: Essays dedicated to Prof. B.J. van der Walt: “Scholarship in the light of the morning star”), 75(1):149-172.
Added the Johan van der Hoeven pages (thanks to Rudi Hayward and Chris van Haeften)
Including his 1964 lectures: The Rise and Development of the Phenomenological Movement. Hamilton, Ontario, ARSS
Added the Alan Storkey pages
Including Foundational epistemologies in consumption theory (Amsterdam: VU University Press, 1993)
Mark Roques Epistemology, story-telling and pedagogy
Cover and contents of J A L Taljaard Polished Lenses added
Worship & Politics (New Exodus Series) by Albert F. Gedraitis (Wedge Publishing, 1972)
Added two papers on the Gordon Spykman pages:
1977. 'The place and role of the Bible in school'. In G. J. Steensma and H. W. Van Brummelen (eds.) Shaping School Curriculum: A Biblical View. Terre Haute: Signal Publishing ch 1.
1977. 'Biblical studies'. In G. J. Steensma and H. W. Van Brummelen (eds.) Shaping School Curriculum: A Biblical View. Terre Haute: Signal Publishing ch 7.
2010. Stability amid change: What our theoretical frameworks accomplish for us. Paper prepared for presentation at the joint LSSA/SAALA/SAALT 2010 conference (Unisa, Pretoria), September.
2010. Bob Goudzwaard (with Bruce Wearne) Face to Face with Injustice: A Big Task for Ordinary People: A Christian Political Option for Fiji
Added the Stuart Fowler pages
Added several more issues of Anakainosis- volumes 1-7 are now up
Added a bibliography on 'Biology' to the further information page.
Added to the Andrew Badsen pages:
On Defining the IS Discipline by its Sphere of Meaning
Added to the Richard Russel pages his MA from McMaster in 1987:
'An examination of the relation of religious groundmotives and philosophical analysis' MA theis (McMaster University, 1967)
Added to the Roy Clouser pages:
2009. "A Brief Sketch of the Philosophy of Herman Dooyeweerd" Axiomathes (Journal of the Mitteleuropa Foundation).
2009. "Transcendental Critique Revisited and Revised" Philosophia Reformata Volume 74 (1)
Updated the Groen van Prinsterer pages with a list of dissertations on Groen
Updated some links to Abraham Kuyper articles and books on-line.
Added a bibliography to Harry Fernout's page and to Jim Olthius's page.
Three more issues of Anakainosis added volumes 4 (1-3)
Added to the E L Hebden Taylor pages: 'The State in western history'
Added to the Albert Weideman pages:
2009c. A framework for the study of linguistics - presentation slides
2009d. What is linguistics?
2009e. Formal approaches to the description of English: syntax
David Beldman 2009. 'Toward a Missional Approach to Christian Scholarship in the Theological Disciplines' Handout from a presentation at Trinity College, Bristol, UK
Started the Elaine Botha pages with many of her papers
Further resources page contents added
Added to the Bernie Zylstra pages 'The kingdom of God: its foundations and implications'
Added to the Gordon Spykman pages 'The institutional church in history'
Added to the Danie Strauss pages:
- Scholarly communication Communicatio Vol 34 (1) 2008:113-129.
- Justice, legal validity and the force of law with special reference to Derrida, Dooyeweerd and Habermas South African Journal of Philosophy 28(1)
- The (social) construction of the world - at the crossroads of Christianity and Humanism South African Journal of Philosophy 28(2)
Alida Leni Sewell Paul at Athens: An Examination of His Areopagus Address in the Light of its Historical and Philosophical Background
Arnold H. De Graaff 2009. A Critical Essay: An evaluation of James H. Olthuis' A Beautiful Risk A New Psychology of Loving and Being Loved
Cadbury and Dooyeweerd: a response to Henk Jochemsen and Johna Hegeman, Connecting Christian faith and practice in a pluralist society
Storytelling, subversive questions and christian mission: William Sleeman and the Thugs of India
Dooyeweerd through stories
Pedagogy and epistemology
2009. The Notion of Lifeworld Applied to Information Systems Research.
2009. On Using Spheres of Meaning to Define and Dignify the IS Discipline
Added to the Jim Skillen pages:
57. Christians Organizing for Political Service: A Study Guide Based on the Work of the Association for Public Justice APJ Education Fund, 1980.
69. Confessing Christ and Doing Politics APJ Education Fund 1982
Chapter 5 “Public Justice and True Tolerance” pp.54-62
Chapter 7 “Christian Action and the Coming of God’s Kingdom” pp.88-103
Added to the Bernie Zylstra pages:
1970. The crisis of our time and the evangelical churches. In Out of Concern for the Church Toronto: Wedge Pub. Foundation. pp 75 ff.
Added a new paper by Andrew Basden 'A Different Way of Approaching Data Models and KR [knowledge representation] Ontologies'
Added to the Bruce Wearne pages:
An annotated bibliography of Roy Clouser's writings
Added to the Bernard Zylstra pages: 'The Society of the Future'. Presented at the Canadian Sociology and Anthropology Association.
Added to the Roy Clouser pages:
'Can we know God is real?
Added a draft bibliography on physical science to the further resources section
Added Anakainosis 2(3), 3(3) and 3(4)
2009a. Constitutive and regulative conditions for the assessment of academic literacy. Forthcoming in SALALS 27(3).
2009b. Uncharted territory: an emerging paradigm and the foundations of applied linguistics. Forthcoming in Per linguam.
Several issues of the journal Anakainosis has been added: Vol 1 issues 1-4, vol issues 1,2 and 4, volume 3 1 and 2.
I've recently added to the Al Wolters pages the following papers:
1989. “On the Idea of Worldview and Its Relation to Philosophy,” in Paul A. Marshall, et al., eds., Stained Glass: Worldview and Social Science (Lanham MD: University Press of America, 1989), 14-25
1987. “Worldview and Textual Criticism in 2 Peter 3:10,” Westminster Theological Journal 49 (1987) 405-413.
1985. “The Intellectual Milieu of Herman Dooyeweerd,” in C.T. McIntire, ed., The Legacy of Herman Dooyeweerd (New York: University Press of America, 1985) 1-19
1983. “Dutch Neo-Calvinism: Worldview, Philosophy and Rationality,” in H. Hart et al., eds., Rationality in the Calvinian Tradition (Lanham MD: University Press of America, 1983) 113-131
1978/ 1999 “The Foundational Command: ‘Subdue the Earth!’” in Year of Jubilee, Cultural Mandate, Worldview (Study Pamphlet No. 382; ed. B. van der Walt; Potchefstroom: Institute for Reformational Studies, 1999) 27-34. [Previously available as ICS Academic Paper, 1978.]
1975/ 1987. "Ideas have legs" The Guide July. Also in A Christian Union in Labour's Wasteland, edited by Edward Vanderkloet (Wedge Publishing, 1978). Republished by Institute for Christian Studies, 1987
1978. In memoriam: Vollenhoven
1983. 'Ground motives'
2009. Practically Critical: Making the Critical Approach More Useful
Added to the J H Diemer pages:
Christ and modern natural science. (1933) Translated by Chris Gousmett
Added Reformational Studies: An Annotated Bibliography of B J van der Walt edited and compiled by Steve Bishop 1st edn Feb 2009.
Added the Johann 'Harry' Diemer pages
1988. A Battle for Righteousness: The Message of the Book of Job, transl. J. Van Meggelen (Originally published by Essence: Ontario) - thanks to Jack Van Meggelen for permission to use here.
Abraham Kuyper The Evolution of the Use of the Bible in Europe in Centennial Pamphlets, No. 2. American Bible Society: New York, 1916
Added the Henk Geertsema pages
Our Father in Heaven by J H Sillevis Smitt. Translated by Jack van Meggelen (c) 2000.
Added to the Roy Clouser pages
Added to the Chris Gousmett pages:
Jaap Klapwijk pages added
- 2008. Reason Reversed? chapters 1 and 9
- 1991. Antithesis and Common Grace
- 1991. Epilogue: The Idea of Transformational Philosophy
- 1980. The Struggle for a Christian Philosophy: Another Look at Dooyeweerd
- 1980. Dooyeweerd's Christian Philosophy: Antithesis and Critique
Several new papers have been added to the Gordon Spykman pages:
- 1982. 'Beyond words to action' in Confessing Christ and Doing Politics ed. James Skillen (CPJ: Washington)
- 1984. How is scripture normative in Christian ethics? In The Interpretation of Scripture Today: RES Theological Conference, Chicago 1984. Grand Rapids, MI.: Reformed Ecumenical Synod, 1984 (pp. 39-57).
- 1992. Theology queen or servant? Orientation: international circular of the PU for CHE; nos. 63-66. 13-23.
- A Confessional Hermeneutic Alternative to the Historical-Critical Method. The Reformed Ecumenical Synod Theological Bulletin (December), Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 1-13.
Book added to the Gordon Spykman pages:
1985. Spectacles: Biblical Perspectives on Christian Scholarship. PU for CHE: Potchefstroom.
- H Van Riessen pages
- S U Zuideman pages
- J P A Mekkes pages
- K J Popma pages
- A Janse pages
- H G Stoker pages
- J A L Taljaard pages
Added to the Andrew Basden pages:
I have added a Robert Knudsen page with links to several of his papers.
- 'Philosophy of the Cosmonomic Idea: Herman Dooyeweerd’s Political and Legal Thought' The Political Science Reviewer XXXII (2003) pp.318-380
A Collection of Essays:
PART ONE - CONCEPTS
• What are Sociological Concepts?
• Civil Religion
PART TWO - REVIEWS
• Goudzwaard and deLange
• Cope and Kalantzis & Preece
• Seerveld festschrift
• Bededetto et al.
• Hutchinson and Ogbu
PART FOUR - Positive Contributions
• Max Weber
• Recasting the Sociological Encyclopaedia
• Bargaining with the Business Enterprise
Andrew Basden 2008. Understanding everyday experience and use of facebook and games
Albert Weideman 2008. Constitutive and regulative conditions for the assessment of academic literacy.
D. H. TH Vollenhoven Het Calvinischme en de Reformatie van de Wijsbegeerte Ch 2 (pp 22-48) (in English)
D. H. Th. Vollenhoven 'The foundations of Calvinist thought' - lecture delivered in 1934 at Dusseldorf
D. H. Th. Vollenhoven 'Lecture notes on Kant' from the syllabus 1958-59; translated by Bill Rowe (1977)
Bruce C Wearne Cultivating Care within a Vulnerable Economy: an annotated bibliography of the English writings of Bob Goudzwaard 1967-2008 [pdf June 2008; 104+ xix pages (approx 1.1 MB)] revised and updated second edition.
The following items (all by Bob Goudzwaard) have been added to the Bob Goudzwaard Bibliography (above) and can be accessed in pdf format at the numbers indicated:
- 10 A Christian Political Option book - 1972
- 13 Economic Stewardship versus Capitalist Religion syllabus - 1972
- 17 Interview - Goudzwaard and Cramp Vanguard - 1974
- 18 "From Death to Shalom" Vanguard article - 1974
- 31 "Norms for the International Economic Order" with J van Baars - 1978
- 35 Towards Reformation in Economics ICS class syllabus - 1980
- 36 "Types of Government Economic Policy" ICS paper - 1980
- 40 "Christian Social Thought in the Dutch Neo-Calvinist tradition" - 1986
- 42 "Creation Management: " conference paper and journal article - 1987
- 43 with H M de Lange, book review - 1988
- 45 "World Poverty - A Contribution" WCC Minutes, Moscow - 1989
- 46 "Why poverty grows" journal article - 1989
- 49 "Christian Politics and the Pirnciple of Sphere Sovereignty" - 1991
- 51 "Freedom and Justice: ..." journal article - 1992
- 52 "Economics and Theology" journal article - 1992
- 60 "Who Cares?" CPJ conference paper and book chapter - 1996
- 63 "Globalization" WARC conference paper and journal article - 1996
- 69 "New Introduction" to Capitalism and Progress - 1997
- 75 "Spirals of life and death ..." journal article - 1998
- 76 "Globalization, regionalization and Sphere-Soverengty" speech - 1998
- 83 with Aad Vlot, VvCW conference summary and journal article - 2001
- 90 "Ethical Dimesnions of a Globalising Economy" Potter festschrift - 2002
- 113 "Economic theory and the normative aspects of reality" (1961) - 2008
- 114 "Market, Money, Capital" (1999) with Rob van Drimmelen - 2008
Added to the Mike Goheen pages:
- Creational Revelation, Scriptural Revelation, and Science, in Facets of Faith and Science. Volume 4: Interpreting God's Action in the World,ed. Jitse van der Meer. Lanham: The Pascal Centre for Advanced Studies in Faith and Science/University Press of America, 1996, 313-330.
- Organism of Revelation, in Facets of Faith and Science. Volume 4: Interpreting God's Action in the World, ed. Jitse van der Meer. Lanham: The Pascal Center for Advanced Studies in Faith and Science/University Press of America, 1996, 331-345.
Added to the Bruce Wearne pages:
- Social Theory and the Myth of Religious Neutrality: Introductory Theses for a Christian Sociology. Paper Presented to Author Meets Critics Session : Roy A Clouser The Myth of Religious Neutrality University of Notre Dame Press 1991. Society for the Scientific Study of Religion. November 8th, 1992. Washington D.C.
- Book Review: The Myth of Religious Neutrality: An Essay on the Hidden Role of Religious Belief in Theories Roy A. Clouser Notre Dame and London : Notre Dame University Press, 1991.
Abraham Kuyper Days of Glad Tidings - Pentecost( with Ascension Day)vol. III (translated from Dagen van Goede Boodschap -Op den Pinksterdag (Met Hemelvaart) J.A. Wormser: Amsterdam, 1888 - by Jack Van Meggelen)
Mike Goheen pages created
Now added the Craig Bartholomew pages
Mark Roques and Arthur Jones:
Duncan Roper 'The earth as a garden for all creatures' (2008) Stimulus
Roy Clouser 1985. Dooyeweerd on religion and faith: a response. ICS Conference paper.
The Andrew Basden pages have been launched with several articles:
1999. On the ontological status of virtual environments
1999. A new framework for sustainability
2001. Beyond emancipation
2001. A philosophical underpinning for IT evaluation
2002.The critical theory of Herman Dooyeweerd?
2002. A Philosophical Underpinning For ISD
2003. with A. Trevor Wood-Harper A Philosophical Enrichment of CATWOE
2003.Enriching critical theory
2003.Levels of guidance
2004. Emancipation as if it mattered
2004. On Appealing to Philosophy in Information Systems
2005. Enriching humanist thought
2006. Information systems as a life-world
2007. 'Fresh light thrown on the Chinese room'
2007. A brief overview of Dooyeweerd's philosophy
2007. Frameworks for understanding IS and ICT
Click to add text, images, and other content