This is a daily complied (automatically) from my reformational tweet list. If you tweet and are reformational/ kuyperian let me know and I'll add you to the list. Likewise, if you are on the list and don't want to be let me know and I'll take you off.
Book publishers and retailers
Universtities and colleges
- Canadian Christian Business Federation
- Canadian Jubilee Initiative
- Center for Public Justice (USA)
- Christian Labour Association of Canada
- Christian worldview network
- Christian Faith and Acts
- CITE, Australia
- Citizens for Public Justice
- Coalition for Christian Outreach
- International Association for the Promotion of Christian Higher Education
Theology and biblical studies
Chris Gousmett pages Alida Leni Sewell Paul at Athens: An Examination of His Areopagus Address in the Light of its Historical and Philosophical Background
John Vander Stelt Church in society (an orientation) [pdf]
Comment magazine has a series of articles on reading the Bible:
Craig Bartholomew et al. (eds) Scripture and Hermeneutics series:
Andrew Basden Enrich humanist thinking
Henk Stoker The ethical dilemma of ï¿½unethicalï¿½ religious movements
Ralph Vunderink Love, power and justice
Bennie van der Walt A shame-/versus a guilt-orientated conscience: an explanation for difference between African and Western ethics
Hans Burger The significance of ï¿½being in Christï¿½ for Christian ethics
Harry Cook These all look to you: Darwin and Psalm 104
Rudi Hayward Naï¿½ve experience and differentiated practices
Michael Heyns The transcendentalness of the moral order
Yasunori Ichikawa God, man and nature in the Christian and Japanese-Shintoistic views, implications for environmental ethics
Ananka Loubser Nature vs culture in sustainable environmental management
Martin Rice Moral intuitionism: moral properties as directly perceived, non-mysterious parts of the world
Jonathan Chaplin Public justice as a political norm
Giacomo Carlo Di Gaetano The reception of reformed epistemology in the Italian philosophical context
Peter Stoker Christian ethic and the concept of creation
Danie Strauss Legal rights for plants and animals
Pieter Vos Educating for Autonomy: Reconstructing a Moral Ideal
Marc de Vries Ethics and the increasing complexity of technology
Albert Weidman Integrity and accountability in applied linguistics
Andre Troost The Christian Ethos (translated into English by Kobus and Yvonne Smith) (Bloemfontein: Patmos, 1983).
There are a number of excellent resources to accompany this book here.
J. Mark Bertrand. 2007. (Re)Thinking Worldviews: Learning to Think, Live, and Speak in This World. Wheaton: Crossway Books.
Steven Garber.2007. The Fabric of Faithfulness: Weaving Together Belief and Behavior. Downers Grove: IVP. 2nd edn.
Julian Hardyman. 2006. Glory Days: Living the Whole of your Life for Jesus. Leicester: IVP.
Arthur F. Holmes. 1983. Contours of a World View. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans.
David Naugle. 2002. Worldview: The History of a Concept. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans.
Paul A. Marshall, et al eds. 1989. Stained Glass: Worldview and Social Science. Lanham MD: University Press of America.
Paul Marshall and Lela Gilbert. 1998. Heaven is not my Home: Living in the Now of God's Creation. Nashville: Word.
Nancy Pearcey. 2004. Total Truth: Liberating Christianity from its Cultural Captivity. Wheaton: Crossway Books.
John Peck and Charles Strohmer. 2001. Uncommon Sense: God's Wisdom for our Complex and Changing World. London: SPCK.
James W. Sire. 1976. The Universe Next Door: A Basic Worldview Catalog. Downers Grove: IVP. 4th revised edn 2004.
James W. Sire. 2004. Naming the Elephant: Worldview as a Concept. Downers Grove: IVP.
Brian J. Walsh and J. Richard Middleton The Transforming Vision: Shaping a Christian Worldview. Downers Grove: IVP.
B. J. van der Walt. 1991. Anatomy of Reformation: Flashes and Fragments of a Reformational Worldview. Potchefstroom: Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education.
B. J. van der Walt. 1994. The Liberating Message: A Christian Worldview for Africa. (Potchefstroom: Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education, Institute for Reformational Studies).
B. J. van der Walt. 2001. Transformed by the Renewing of Your Mind: Shaping a Biblical Worldview and a Christian Perspective on Scholarship. Potchefstroom: Institute for Contemporary Christianity in Africa.
B. J. van der Walt. 2008. The Eye is the Lamp of the Body:Worldviews and their Impact. Potchefstroom: Institute for Contemporary Christianity in Africa.
Michael E. Wittmer.2004. Heaven Is a Place on Earth: Why Everything You Do Matters to God. Grand Rapids: Zondervan.
Al Wolters. 1985. Creation Regained: Biblical Basics for a Reformational Worldview. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans. Second edition 1988. Revised and expanded 2005 (with Mike Goheen)
Art and aesthetics
Hilary Brand and Adrienne Dengerink Art and Soul: Signposts for Christians in the Arts Piquant, 2001.
Adrienne [Dengerink] Chaplin , 'Past the Post: Post-modernist Art and Beyond,' Third Way (March 1988) 14-16
Adrienne Dengerink Chaplin 'What's the point?' Summer reading and the arts Comment 2007.
'The gospel, art and aesthetic theory'. Issues Number 6, November 1990.
'Aesthetics, art and education: a Christian look at art' (1980) [pdf] No Icing on the Cake: Christian Foundations for Education (ed. Jack Mechielsen) (Brookes-Hall Publishing Foundation, 1980)
'Aesthetics, art and education: consequences for curriculum' (1980) [pdf] No Icing on the Cake: Christian Foundations for Education (ed. Jack Mechielsen) (Brookes-Hall Publishing Foundation, 1980)
'A Christian Look at Educating Art & Aesthetics' (Sept 1978) [pdf]
Art Needs no Justification (IVP, 1978) on-line version Modern Art and the Death of a Culture (IVP, 1970) Marleen Hengelaar-Rookmaaker (editor) The Complete Works of Hans R. Rookmaaker (Piquant, 2002/3) vols 1-6:
1. Art, Artists and Gauguin
2. New Orleans Jazz, Mahalia Jackson and the Philosophy of Art
3. The Creative Gift, Dürer, Dada and Desolation Row
4. Western Art and the Meanderings of a Culture
5. Modern Art and the Death of a Culture
6. Our Calling and Gods Hand in History
Richard and Janice Russell The darkening West: a study in contemporary art and philosophy (available from CSU here.)
Calvin Seerveld Seerveld's books are available from Tuppence Press (in North America) and the Christian Studies Unit (in the UK) and Piquant (in the UK)
Rainbows for a Fallen World. Toronto: Tuppence Press, 2005 Bearing Fresh Olive Leaves: Alternative Steps in Understanding Art Piquant 2000.
- The gift of artistry - God's clothing for human life
- Creativity [pdf] Big Picture 1 (3) (Trinity 1999): 5-6, 31-32.
- Vollenhoven's legacy for art historiography. Philosophia Reformata 58(1983): 49-79.
- Towards a cartographic methodology for art. J. Aesthetics and Art Criticism 39 (2) (1980): 143-154.
- 'Two Writers Engage in Rainbow Action: Nick Looks at Cal; Cal Looks at Nick' in Vanguard 10.6 1980 4, 5 and 18
Gregory Baus Seervelds Hineinlebenshaltung
Lambert Zuidervaart and Hernry Luttikhuizen eds., Pledges of Jubilee. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1995
Lambert Zuidervaart, Artistic Truth: Aesthetics, Discourse, and Imaginative Disclosure. Cambridge University press, forthcoming.
Lambert Zuidervaart and Henry Luttikhuizen, eds., The Arts, Community and Cultural Democracy (St. Martin's, 2000)
Jonathan Chaplin1992. Politics and the Parties: When Christians Disagree. Leicester: IVP, 1992
1995. Dooyeweerd's Notion of Societal Structural Principles. Philosophia Reformata 60 : 16-36.
1997. 'Catholic Political Thought: What Can Evangelicals Learn' Transformation 14 (3:10.
1998. Christian Theories of Democracy. In Contemporary Political Studies, 1998, Volume II, edited by Andrew Dobson and Jeffrey Stanyer. UK: Political Studies Association of the UK, 1998.
2000. Beyond Liberal Restraint: Defending Religiously Based Arguments in Law and Public Policy. University of British Columbia Law Review 33/3 (2000): 617-646.2000. Silencing the Silencers: Reclaiming a Christian Voice in Political Debate. Pro Rege 29 (1).
2003. On Globalization: An Exercise in Public Theology. Comment (Spring).2006. Rejecting Neutrality, Respecting Diversity: From Liberal Pluralism to Christian Pluralism'. Christian Scholar's Review .
Jon Chaplin and Paul Marshall (ed.) 1994. Political Theory and Christian Vision: Essays in Memory of Bernard Zylstra. Lanham MD: University Press of America.
Roy Clouser 1999 'A non-reductionist theory of the State' The Myth of Religious Neutrality Notre Dame: University of Notre Dame Press ch 13.
Jan Dengerink 'The idea of justice' Westminster Theological Journal, XXXIX (Fall): 159.
Jan Dengerink 1978. The Idea of Justice in Christian Perspective. Toronto: Wedge.
1975. Christian Idea of the State. Craig Press.
1997. Essays in Legal, Social, and Political Philosophy. Alan M. Cameron et al (ed.). The Collected Works of Herman Dooyeweerd, Series B, Volume 2, pp. 12155.
2004. Political Philosophy. Daniël Strauss (ed.). The Collected Works of Herman Dooyeweerd, Series D, Volume 1 (2004), pp. 1747.
2010. The Crisis in Humanist Political Theory Collected Works Series B Volume 7. (ed D F M Strauss and H van Dyke) Paideia Press
Stuart Fowler The State in the light of the Scriptures. Potchefstroom:IRS, 1988 F2 No.46
Albert Gedraitis 1972. Worship and Politics. Toronto: Wedge.
Chris Gousmett 1999. Christianity and politics: a reformational perspective. Wetenskaplike bydraes van die PU vir CHO. Reeks F1 No 384.
Bob Goudzwaard 1984 Idols of our Time. Downers Grove: IVP
Sander Griffioen 1981 Facing the New Corporatism Toronto: CLAC
William A. Harper and Theodore R. Malloch 1981. Where are we now? The State of Christian Political Reflection UPA.
E L Hebden Taylor 1969. The Christian Philosophy of Law, Politics, and the State (Craig Press)David Koyzis
1997. Canadian Election Accentuates Divisions Once Again, Public Justice Report (July-August). 1997. A Call to Reform the Canadian Electoral System, Public Justice Report (July-August).
2001. Symposium: The Future of Federalism, Comment (July-August): 14-15.2000. Voter turnout and competitive politics, Public Justice Report 23 (3).
2002. Differentiated Responsibility and the Challenge of Religious Diversity, Journal of Markets & Morality 5 (1) (spring 2002): 199-207.
2003. Political Visions and Illusions (Downers Grove: IVP).
2004. Christianity and Liberalism: Two Alternative Religious Approaches, the New Pantagruel: Hymns in the Whorehouse, (Summer) 1 (3).2004. Making a Good Constitution Better: A Response to Janet Ajzenstat, Comment (Work Research Foundation) (Winter): 15-21. Abraham Kuyper1991. Problem of Poverty ed Jim Skillen. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans
Abraham Kuyper 1931 Lectures on Calvinism (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans)
1986. Thine is the Kingdom (Basingstoke: Marshalls)
1991. A Calvinist Political Theory Potchefstroom: IRS, F1 no 283, 1991.
2002. God and the Constitution: Christianity and American Politics (Rowman & Littlefield).
Rockne McCarthy et al.1981. Society, State, School: A Case for Structural and Confessional Pluralism. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans.
Henry Meeter 1990 (6th edn)The Basic ideas of Calvinism: The Theological and Political Ideas (revised by Paul Marshall) Grand Rapids: Baker, 1990.
Richard Mouw 1983. Politics and the Biblical Drama Grand Rapids: Baker Book House
Monsma, Stephen V. 1994. Pursuing Justice in a Sinful World. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans, 1984.
H E Runner 1962. Scriptural Religion and Political Task Guardian Pub Co.
Gary Scott Smith 1989. God and Politics: Four Views on the Reformation of Civil Government P&R Publishing
Timothy R. Sherratt and Ronald P. Manhurin 1995. Saints as Citizens: A Guide to Public Responsibilities for Christians. Baker Books and The Center for Public Justice.
Jim Skillen see the full bibliography here and Wearne (2008)
Skillen, James and Rockne M. McCarthy (ed) 1991. Political Order and the Plural Structure of Society. Emory University, Scholars Press, 1991. Spykman, Gordon, et al. 1988. Let My People Live: Faith and Struggle in Central America. Grand Rapids, Mich.: Eerdmans.
Alan Storkey 1979. A Christian Social Perspective Leicester: IVP.
Alan Storkey 2005. Jesus and Politics Grand Rapids: Baker.
B J van der Walt
1981. No.18 Why the State? Bible Study on Romans 13 and Revelation 13 F2 No 18.
1999. No 50 Religion and Society: Christian involvement in the public square (86 pages) F3 No 50.
B J van der Walt and Rita Swanepoel (ed) 1995. Confessing Christ in Doing Politics Orientation Jan-Dec (75-78)
Bruce Wearne 2008 Public Justice for All: An Annotated Bibliography of the Works of James W. Skillen, 1967-2008 Bristol: allofliferedeemed
John Witte Jr 1993. Christian Democracy in Global Context Oxford: Westview. Bernard Zylstra - see bibliography here.
Andy Hartropp. 1997. "Christianity and Economics: an Annotated Bibliography", Association of Christian Economists December
Bruce C Wearne Cultivating Care within a Vulnerable Economy: an annotated bibliography of the English writings of Bob Goudzwaard 1967-2008
A full bibliography of Christian economist Bob Goudzwaard's English writings - contains links to most of his works.
Books and articles
Henk Aay & Ab Van Langevelde, 2005. "A Dooyeweerd-Based Approach To Regional Economic Development," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 96(2), pages 184-198, 04
Cramp, A B. "In what sphere is economics sovereign?" In: Social science in Christian Perspective. Paul A Marshall and Robert E Vandervennen, eds. Lanham: University Press of America, 1988, pp. 199-217.
Cramp, A B. Notes towards a Christian critique of secular economic theory. Toronto: Institute for Christian Studies, 1975. Toronto: Wedge; Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1979.
Kenneth Elzinga. 1981. "A Christian View of Economic Order", Reformed Journal, Vol. 31, pp. 13-16.
Gay, Craig M. 1991. With Liberty and Justice for Whom? The recent evangelical debate over capitalism. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans.
Bob Goudzwaard and Harry de Lange 1994. Beyond poverty and affluence. Toward an economy of care. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans.
Bob Goudzwaard. Capitalism and Progress: A Diagnosis of Western Society.
Bob Goudzwaard.1984. Idols of our Time. Downers Grove: InterVarsity Press.
Graham, W Fred, George N Monsma, Carl J Sinke, Alan Storkey, John P Tiemstra. 1986. Reforming Economics: A Christian Perspective on Economic Theory and Practice. Grand Rapids: Calvin College Center for Christian Scholarship.
Graham, W Fred. 1971. The constructive revolutionary: John Calvin and his socio-economic impact. Richmond: John Knox Press.
Adolfo García de la Sienra. 2008. 'The economic sphere'
Donald A. Hay. 1989. Economics Today: a Christian Critique. Apollos, Leicester.
E. L. Hebden Taylor 1978. Economics, Money, and Banking. Craig Press.
Kuyper, Abraham 1991. The Problem of Poverty. Grand Rapids: Baker.
Langevelde, Ab van, 1997. "Bilingualism and economic development in west European minority language regions: a Dooyeweerdian approach," Research Report 97C39, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
Paul Marshall. 1985. "A Christian view of economics." Crux 21, pp. 1:3-7.
Monsma, George N. 1988. "A Christian critique of neo-classical welfare economics." In: Social science in Christian perspective. Paul A Marshall and Robert E Vandervennen, eds. Lanham: University Press of America, pp. 287-302.
George N. Monsma. 'Christian faith and economic theorising'. In John B. Hulst ed. Christian Worldview and Scholarship. Eltham, Victoria: Amani Educational services.
Alan Storkey 1986. Transforming Economics: a Christian Way to Employment. London: SPCK.
Alan Storkey 1993. Foundational Epistemologies in Consumption Theory. VU University Press: Amsterdam.
D F M Strauss. 1997.Capitalism and Economic Theory in social philosophic perspective, in: Journal for Christian Scholarship, 1st & 2nd Quarter, pp.85-106.
John P. Tiemstra. 1993. "Christianity and Economics: A Review of the Recent Literature." Christian Scholar¿s Review 22 (1993) 3:227-247.
John P. Tiemstra 1998. "Why do economists disagree?". Signposts of God's Liberating Kingdom: perspectives for the 21st century. Potchefstroom: Potchefstroom University for Christian Higher Education. Insitute for Reformational Studies.
B. J. van der Walt. 1991. "Norms, means and ends; a reformational approach to economics". Anatomy of Reformation: Flashes and Fragments of a Reformational Worldview. Ch 21.
B. J. van der Walt. 1999. The tyranny of the neo-capitalist free market economy. Religion and Society: Christian involvement in the public square. Wetenskaplike bydraes van die PU vir CHO. Reeks F3, Versamelwerke ; no. 50. Potchefstroom: PU vir CHO. Ch4.
B. J. van der Walt. 2003. Towards a normative economy. Understanding and Rebuilding Africa: From Desperation Today to Expectation for Tomorrow. Potchefstroom: Institute for Contemporary Christianity in Africa. Ch 18.
B. J. van der Walt. 2004. ¿The Bible on poverty and wealth our task as Christians¿. Woord en Daad/ Word and Action 44 (388): 9-12.
Language and lingusitics
Kornelius J. Boot 1987. Language: A few observations from a biblical perspective. Pro Rege 15:11-15.
Kornelius J. Boot 1974. The grammar confusion and some guidelines. Pro Rege 3 (Dec) : 28-34.
Barbara Carvill 1991. 'Foreign Language Education: A Christian Calling.' Christian Educators Journal, 30(3): 28-29.
Roy Clouser 1983. Religious language a new look at an old problem In Rationality in the Calvinian Tradition, Ed. Hart, Van derHoeven, & Wolterstorff. (Lanham: University Press of America, 1983), pp. 385ff.
Roy A Clouser 1988. Divine accomodation: an alternative theory of religious language Tijdskrif vir Christelike Wetenscap (Bloemfontein: Vereniging vir Christelike Hoer Onderwys, August, 1988), 94 -127.
Hugh Cook 1978. Why Johnny can't write; the illiteracy crisis Pro Rege6(March) : 21-28
L. D. Derksen 1985. Language and the transformation of philosophy. Philosophia Reformata 50: 134-149.
Joris van Eijnatten 1995. The language of all the earth or directional pluralism Philosophia Reformata 60(1): 55-62.
Syd Hielema 2006. Every Tribe, language, people and nation Pro Rege 24 (June): 1-9.
Noordegraaf, J 'Pieter A. Verburg and the History of Linguistics. A bio-bibliographical account.'
A W G Raath 1983. H G Stoker's cosmo-created philosophy of language TvCW
Calvin Seerveld. 2001. Babel, Pentecost, Glossolalia and Philoxenia: No Language is Foreign to God. Journal of Christianity and Foreign Languages 2 (2001). 5-30.
William A. Smalley. 1985 Learning about language. Pro Rege 14 (Sept): 2-8. (September 1985)
with Barbara Cavill The Gift of the Stranger: Faith, Hospitality and Foreign Language Learning
2000. 'Gates Unlocked and Gardens of Delight: Comenius on Piety, Persons and Language Learning,' Christian Scholar's Review 30:2 (2000): 207-232.
2000. 'Faith and Method in Foreign Language Pedagogy,' Journal of Christianity and Foreign Languages 1 (2000): 7-25.
1998. For profit, pleasure, and power? Cultural diversity and the mixed motives of foreign language education. Pro Rege 26 (June): 1-13.
1997. 'In Search of the Whole Person: Critical Reflections on Community Language Learning.' Journal of Research on Christian Education 6:2 (1997): 159-181.
1997. 'Communication and Integrity: Moral Development and Modern Languages.' Language Learning Journal 15 (1997): 31-35
1996. 'What Hope After Babel? Diversity and Community in Gen 11:1-9, Exod 1:1-14, Zeph 3:1-13 and Acts 2:1-13.' Horizons in Biblical Theology 18:2 (1996):169-191.
1996. 'Rediscovering a Heritage: Lull, Bacon and the Aims of Language Teaching.' Spectrum 28:1 (1996): 9-28.
1993. 'Can Modern Language Teaching Be Christian?' Spectrum 25:1 (1993): 25-38.
D F M Strauss Thought and Language: on the line of demarcation between animal and human abilities, in: South African Journal of Philosophy, Vol.13, Nr.4 (pp.175-182).
Pieter A. Verburg 1998. Language and its Functions. A historico-critical study of views concerning the functions of language from the prehumanistic philology of Orleans to the rationalistic philology of Bopp Salmon. Amsterdam & Philadelphia: John Benjamins
P J Visagie 2001. Philosophy as a language game TvCW
Forthcoming. Beyond Expression: A Systematic Study of the Foundations of Linguistics Paideia Press/ Reformational Publishing Project.
1977. Three journeys: one tradition. Standpunte 130 [Vol. 30 (4): 55-62].
1977b. Philosophical elements in Four Quartets. Koers 42 (6): 525-532.
1979a. Some basic semiotic categories. Anakainosis 1 (4): 2-7.
1979b. Theses on P.A. Verburg's linguistic theory. Anakainosis 2 (1): 8-9.
1985. The role of the psychology of language in applied linguistics. Acta Academica Series B 20 (101-107).
1991. Faith and objectivity in linguistic science. Language matters (UK) 1: 10-11.
1999. Five generations of applied linguistics: some framework issues. Acta Academica 31 (1): 77-98.
2001. The old and the new: reconsidering eclecticism in language teaching. Per linguam 17 (1): 1-13.
2003a. Towards accountability: a point of orientation for post-modern applied linguistics in the third millennium. Literator. 24(1): 1-20.
2003d. Assessing and developing academic literacy. Per linguam 19 (1 & 2): 55-65.
2006a. Transparency and accountability in applied linguistics. Southern African linguistics and applied language studies 24(1): 71-86.
2006b. Assessing academic literacy in a task-based approach. Language matters 37(1): 81-101.
2006c. A systematically significant episode in applied linguistics. In L.O.K Lategan & J.H. Smit (guest editors) (2006) Time and context relevant philosophy. Special edition 1 of the Journal for Christian scholarship 42 (November; pp. 231-244).
2006d. Academic Literacy: Prepare to Learn
2007a. Overlapping and divergent agendas: Writing and applied linguistics research. Forthcoming in C. van der Walt (ed.) Living through languages: An African tribute to Rene Dirven. Stellenbosch: African Sun Media. Pp. 147-163. ISBN: 1-919980-31-8.
2007b. The redefinition of applied linguistics: modernist and postmodernist views. Southern African linguistics and applied language studies 25(4):589-605.
2007c. A responsible agenda for applied linguistics: confessions of a philosopher LSSA/SAALA/SAALT keynote address July. Per linguam 23(2): 29-53.
2008a. The idea of lingual economy. Paper to be read at the ICCLING 2008 conference, Stellenbosch, January. Submitted to Koers. [pdf of PowerPoint presentation]
2008b. Constitutive and regulative conditions for the assessment of academic literacy. Paper to be read at a colloquium on "Testing the academic literacy of additional language students" at the AILA 2008 conference in Essen, Germany, 26 August.[pdf of PowerPoint presentation]
Bussema, Ken.1993. 'Perspectives on developmental psychology.' Pro Rege 22 (1):1-8.
Roy Clouser. 2005 (rev edn). 'Theories in psychology'. The Myth of Religious Neutrality (Notre Dame: University of Notre Dame Press) ch 9
James Olthuis.2001. The Beautiful Risk: A New Psychology of Loving and Being Loved (Zondervan) [Reviewed here ]
Arnold H. De Graaff.1980. Psychology: sensitive openness and appropriate reactions. Potchefstroom: I.A.C. (Series F2 no 17)
Arnold H. De Graaff. 1977. Views of man and psychology in Christian perspective: some readings. Toronto: Institute for Christian Studies (mimeo)
Arnold H. De Graaff 2009. A Critical Essay: An evaluation of James H. Olthuis' A Beautiful Risk A New Psychology of Loving and Being Loved
Hackney, C.H. 2007. Possibilities for a Christian positive psychology. Journal of Psychology and Theology, 35 (3): 211-221.
- 1984. 'On the question of psychology as a science.' Journal of Psychology and Christianity 3 (2): 33-41.
- 1990 Theories of Body Expression in Their Historical Relationship to Psychological Concepts
- 1993 A Theoretical Framework for Psychology
Stanton L. Jones and Richard E. Butman. 1991. Modern Psychotherapies: A Comprehensive Christian Appraisal (Downers Grove: InterVarsity Press).
David Myers and Malcolm Jeeves. 1991. Psychology through the Eyes of Faith, (Leicester: Apollos).
- (2006) 'A Disclosing model of psychotherapy' [pdf]
- (2006) 'Circumambulating interpersonal sensitive disclosure therapy using rational emotive behavious therapy' [pdf]
- Lecture 1. Martin & Deirdre Bobgan
- Lecture 2. Behaviour Therapy 1.
- Lecture 3. Behaviour Therapy 2.
- Lecture 4. Jay Adams - Biblical Counselling
- Lecture 5. Reality Therapy - William Glasser
- Lecture 6. Rational-Emotive Behaviour Therapy - Albert Ellis
- Lecture 7. Cognitive Therapy - Aaron T. Beck
- Lecture 8. Christian Applications of Cognitive Therapy - William Backus & Chris Thurman
- Lecture 9. Contemporary Practice of Cognitive Therapy with Specific Problems (Depression)
- Lecture 10. Transactional Analysis (TA) - Eric Berne
- Lecture 11. Narrative Therapy
- Lecture 12 Theophostic Prayer Ministry
- Lecture 13 Christians in critical dialogue with REBT
- Lecture 14 Nondual Counselling
- Lecture 1. Three Traditions
- Lecture 2. How to Critically Evaluate Psychological Theories
- Lecture 3. Freud
- Lecture 4. Freud and Humanist Judaism
- Lecture 5. Jung
- Lecture 6. Horney
- Lecture 7. Kohut
- Lecture 8. Hendrix
- Lecture 9. Frank Lake
- Lecture 10. Rogers
- Lecture 11. Frankl
- Lecture 12. Fritz and Laura Perls
- Lecture 13. Sensory Perception in Christian Counselling
- Lecture 14. Psychotherapy in Light of Truth
- 1008 Persisting Themata and Changing Paradigms: explorations in the history of Psychology (book), 2005 [pdf]
- 1009 The Meaning of the Psychical, 1985
- 1010 Some Things Every Christian Psychologist Should Think About (Maybe), 1986
- 1011 Paradigms in Psychology: agency and patience, 1994
- 1012 The place of feelings in our lives, undated
- 1013 Love and aggression, 1975
- 1014 On being a Christian Academic Psychologist, 1997
- 1015 Depression, 1996
- 1016 How can I get on well with others?, 1997
Mary Stewart Van Leeuwen
- 1976. 'View from the lion’s den: Integrating psychology and Christianity in the secular university classroom.' Christian Scholar’s Review 5: 364-373.
- 1978. 'The behaviourist bandwagon and the body of Christ.' Crux 14 (1): 3-28.
- 1982. 'The unfulfilled apprenticeship of North American psychology.' Christian Scholar’s Review 11 (4):291-315.
- 1982. The Sorcerer's Apprentice: A Christian Looks at the Changing Face of Psychology, (InterVarsity Press).
- 1984. 'The female reconstructs psychology.' Journal of Psychology and Christianity 3 (2): 20-32.
- 1985. The Person on Psychology: A Contemporary Christian Appraisal (Grand Rapids: Eerdmans)
2.Non-western Psychologies from Ancient Times.
3.Ancient Greek Psychologies:Man as the Measure of All Things.
4.The Biblical Drama & the Meaning of Personhood.
5.Psychologists & Psychology's Paradigm.
6.Psychology & the Brain-Mind Debate.
7. Behavioral Psychology at Seventy.
8.The Cognitive Revival.
9.Social Psychology:A Battleground between two paradigms.
10.Personality Psychology; an Ambiguous Ally.
11.Psychology & the Agenda for the Future.
- 1987. 'Personality theorizing within a Christian world view.' In: T Burke (ed). Man and mind: A Christian theory of personality. Millsdale, MI: Hillsdale College Press, pp. 171-198.
- 1988. 'Psychology’s 'two cultures': a Christian analysis.' Christian Scholar’s Review 17 (4): 406-424.
The Network of Christians in Psychology (NeCIP) is a UK-based organisation for Christian professional and student psychologists in academic and applied settings
Christian psychology forum
Ian Barbour Ethics in an Age of Technology (The Gifford lectures 1990-91) (London: SCM, 1992) Examines the ethical challenges that technology confronts us with.
Andrew Basden Philosophical Frameworks for Understanding Information Systems (IGI Publishing, 2008) Develops a Dooyeweerdian approach to information systems - essential reading!
Allen Emerson and Cheryl Forbes The Invasion of the Computer Culture (Leicester: IVP, 1990)
An examination of some of the key questions the computer culture has forced upon us. They also offer practical ways that computers can be used without being seduced by the bad. This should be required reading for all Christians who use computers!
Jacques Ellul Technological Society (London: Jonathon Cape, 1965) A pessimistic view of technology. Sees technology as a product of the fall. An important work nonetheless.
Allan Jiggins Human Future: Living as Christians in a High-Tech World (London: Scripture Union, 1988)
A useful introductory book.
David Lyon The Silicon society (Tring: Lion, 1986)
An insightful Christian critique of the computer culture.
Albert Borgmann Power Failure: Christianity in the Culture of Technology. (Grand Rapids, MI: Brazos, 2003)
Church of England BSR Cybernauts Awake
Monsma, Stephen V (ed). Responsible Technology: A Christian Perspective. Eerdmans, 1986. An indispensable book. If you only read one book on technology it should be this one!
Mitcham, Carl and Jim Grote, eds. Theology and Technology: Essays in Christian Analysis and Exegesis (New York: University Press of America, 1984)
Parker Rossman and Richard Kirby Christians and the World of Computers: Professional and Social Excellence in the Computer World (London: SCM, 1990) A study book; each chapter comes with suggestions for study and reading.
David Pullinger Information Technology and Cyberspace: Extra-connected living. (London, Darton, Longman & Todd, 2001)
Carl Mitcham and Jim Groote (eds) Theology and Technology: Essays in Christian Analysis and Exegesis (Lanham: University Press of America, 1984)
Has an extensive annotated bibliography, as well as containing useful articles by Ellul and Schurmann among others. Hendrick van Riessen The Society of the Future (Presbyterian and Reformed, no date)
- (1977, 1983) Reflections on the Technological Society. Toronto: Wedge Pub.
- (1980) Technology and the Future -- A Philosophical Challenge. Toronto: Wedge Pub
- (1990) The Future: Our Choice or Gods Gift? Exile Publications, Wellington, New Zealand.
- (1994, 1995) Perspectives on Technology and Culture. IRS Press, South Africa/ Dordt Press, USA.
- (1995) The Technological Culture between the Times -A Christian Philosophical Assessment of Contemporary Society. Dordt Press.
- (2000) Faith and Hope in Technology. Toronto, Canada, 2003.
- (2005) The Technological World Picture and an Ethics of Responsibility: Struggles in the Ethics of Technology. Dordt College Press.
Schuurman writes from a reformational perspective; his books are essential reading for all those who want to see what a Christian approach looks like.
Schultze, Quentin. Habits of the High-Tech Heart: Living Virtuously in the Information Age. Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Academic.
Chapters in booksEgbert Schuurman:
- (1984) A Christian Philosophical Perspective on Technology. In C. Mitcham and J. Grote (eds), Theology and Technology, New York: University Press of America, pp. 107- 123.
- (1987) The Modern Babylonian Culture. In P. Durbin (ed.) Technology and Responsibility. Dordrecht: Reidel, pp. 229-243
- (1992) Crisis in Agriculture: Philosophical Perspective on the relation between Agriculture and Nature. In F. Ferr (ed.) Research in Philosophy and Technology -- Technology and the Environment London: Jai Press, pp. 191-213;
- 1999. On the ontological status of virtual environments
- 1999. A new framework for sustainability
- 2001. Beyond emancipation
- 2001. A philosophical underpinning for IT evaluation
- 2002.The critical theory of Herman Dooyeweerd?
- 2002. A Philosophical Underpinning For ISD
- 2003. with A. Trevor Wood-Harper A Philosophical Enrichment of CATWOE
- 2003.Enriching critical theory
- 2003.Levels of guidance
- 2004. Emancipation as if it mattered
- 2004. On Appealing to Philosophy in Information Systems
- 2005. Enriching humanist thought
- 2006. Information systems as a life-world
- 2007. 'Fresh light thrown on the Chinese room'
- 2007. A brief overview of Dooyeweerd's philosophy
- 2007. Frameworks for understanding IS and ICT
- 2008. Understanding everyday experience and use of facebook and games
Steve Bishop ¿Towards a Christian approach to technology' Spectrum 23 (1991) 9-15
Steve Bishop 'The religious dimension of technology' RE Today 10 (3) 1993
David Lyon 'From Pacman to Homelink: Information technology and social ethics' Faith and Thought vol. 111 (1) (April 1985) 12-21
Paul Marshall 'Modern technology: idol or divine gift?' Evangelical Review of Theology vol. 10 (1986) 258-69David Pullinger Information technology: the ethical task. Gospel and Culture Newsletter. 21 (2004)
David Pullinger The impact of information technology on human identity The Bible in Transmission Summer 2003
- (1979) Technology in a christian-philosophical perspective (ICS - republished in (1984))
- (1980) Futurology or eschatology Vanguard 10 (1): 8-11
- (1983) Information society: cultural impoverishment or enrichment
- (1993) Technicism and the dynamics of creation. Philosophia Reformata 58: 185-191.A confrontation with technicism as the spiritual climate of the West Westminster Theological Journal 58 (1): 64-84.
- (1997) Philosophical and technological problems of technicism and genetic engineeringPhilosophical and Ethical Problems of Genetic Engineering Techne, Electronic Journal of The society for Philosophy and Technology, vol.3, no. 1,1997.
- (2000) Beyond the empirical turn: responsible technology
- (2002) The ethics of technology: technological worldview, pictures, motives, values and normstechnology paper presented at Ecology, thology and Judeo-Christian ethics conference
- Technology, genetic maniplulation, and the future [excerpts from "The Future: Our Choice or God's Gift?"] Public Justice Reports
- (2005) The ethics of responsibility paper presented at IS2005 Ethics: Person, Practices and Society Conference
Steven H. VanderLeest Teaching Justice by Emphasizing the Non-neutrality of Technology JECB 10 (2) 2006:111-128
Quentin J. Schultze Faith, Education and Communication Technology JECB 8 (1) 2004: 9-21
Macht's Philosophy of technology website
A list of online technology articles
Society, Religion and Technology Project (Church of Scotland)
Faith, Science and Technology (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America)Science and Christian Faith: Technoculture and the Future (Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary)
Institute for Religion, Technology and Culture
A website in development by a Canadian pioneer in the relation of theology and information technology.
- Tom Bulten - Community and Propinquity of Church Members [Abstract]
- Iain Wallace - Globalization: Discourse of Destiny or denial? [Abstract]
- Mark D. Bjelland - Until Justice and Stewardship Embrace: Or, How a Geographer Thinks About Brownfield Sites [Abstract]
- Henk Aay - Geography¿s Cultural Landscape School: A Reformational Reading [Abstract]
- Kathleen E. Braden - Exploring the Notion of "Good" in Sack's Geographic Theory of Morality [Abstract]
- Geography and the Natural Theology Imperative (Livingstone)
- Postmodern Epistemologies: Are we stuck with our relatives? (Ley)
- A Christian reading of the global economy (Wallace)
- Christian worldview and geography: positivism, covenantal relations, and the importance of place (Curry-Roper)
- God's own countries? Contours of a Christian worldview in Geography (Hoekveld-Meijer)
- Alien in a foreign land: Human geography from the perspective of Christian citizenship (Hoekveld)
- Christian worldview and geography: Christian schools in the Netherlands 1900-1960 (Aay)
- Perspectives, Worldviews and Structures (Griffioen).
Janel M. Curry and Steven McGuire 2002. Community On Land: Community , Ecology, and the Public Interest Rowman & Littlefield.
Janel M. Curry 2008. 'Understanding God, Nature, and Social Structure: A Case Study of GreatBarrier Island, New Zealand.' In Faithful Imagination in the Academy, edited by Janel M. Curry and Ronald A. Wells. Lanham, MD: Lexington Books.
Janel M.Curry, 2008. 'Globalization and the Problem of the Nature/Culture Boundary.' In After Modernity? Secularity, Globalization, and the Re-Enchantment of the World, edited by James K.A. Smith. Waco, TX: Baylor University Press.
Gerben De Jong 1958. 'The nature of human geography in the light of the ordiances of creation.' Free University Quarterly 5: 97-119.
Gerben De Jong 1962. Chronological differentiation as the fundamental principle of geography: An inquiry into the chronological conception of geography. Groningen: J. B. Wolters.
G. Angus Hills 1974. 'A philosophical approach to landscape planning' Landscape Planning 1: 339-371.
Gordon R. Lewthwaite 1973. 'Geography'. In Christ and the modern mind. edited by R W Smith. Downers Grove: IVP.
John L. Patterson 1984 David Harvey's Geography. London: Croom Helm.
Mark Roques 1989.Geography. In Curriculum Unmasked Eastbourne: Monarch/CiE, ch7 and ch 15.
E. L. Hebden Taylor. 1967. Evolution and the Reformation of Biology: A Study of the Biological Thought of Herman Dooyeweerd of Amsterdam and J. J. Duyvene de Wit. Craig Press.
Russell Maatman. 1993. The Impact of Evolutionary Theory: A Christian View. Dordt: Dordt College Press, 1993.
Danie F.M. Strauss. 200. Did Darwin initially develop a theory of evolution in the biological sense of the word? South African Journal of Philosophy 26(2): 190-203
- 1993. Science and faith: boa constructors and warthogs' Themelios 19(1) 4-9.
- with J. Carpenter Constructivism: an introduction and critique' Spectrum 25(2).
- with J Carpenter 'process science?' Spectrum 27(1).
- 2005 (rev edn) 'Theories in Physics'The Myth of Religious Neutrality ch 8 .
- 1995. The Uniqueness of Dooyeweerd's Program for Philosophy and Science: Whence the Difference? In Christian Philosophy at the Close of the 20th Century, Ed. Griffoen & Balk (Netherlands: Kampen, Kok, 1995), 113-125.
- 1996. A Sketch of Dooyeweerd's Philosophy of Science. In Facets of Faith and Science, Ed. J. Van der Meer. (Lanham: University Press of America, 1996), vol. 2, 81-98.
Pamela McKenzie (ed.) 'Science' in Entry Points for Christian Reflection within Education' (Care for Education, 1997) ch 8.
Tim Morris and Don Petcher Science and Grace: God's Reign in the Natural Sciences. Crossway, 2006.
Nancy Pearcey and Charles Thaxton The Soul of Science: Christian Faith and Natural philosophy (Crossway Books, 1994)
Martin A. Rice Jr. What is a science? in Contemporary Reflections on the Philosophy of Herman Dooyeweerd ed. D. F. M. Strauss and M. Botting (Edwin Mellen Press, 2000)
- 'Laws of nature and God's world for creation' Fideles 2 (2007) pp.27-43
- "Chaos Theory", entry in Heidi A. Campbell & Heather Looy, eds., A Science and Religion Primer (Baker Academic, 2009), pp. 59-60.
- "Quantum Theory", entry in Heidi A. Campbell & Heather Looy, eds., A Science and Religion Primer (Baker Academic, 2009), pp. 183-185.
D F M Strauss
- The Significance of Dooyeweerd's Philosophy for the Modern Natural Sciences, in: Christian Philosophy at the Close of the Twentieth Century, Assessment and Perspective, eds. S. Griffioen & Balk, M., Publisher Kok Kampen, 1995 (ISBN 90-242-2305-9), (pp.127-138).
- Does it make sense to distinguish between the natural sciences and the humanities? in: Journal for Christian Scholarship, Year 37, 1ste en 2nd Quarter, 2001, pp.25-36.
- The Effect of Ultimate Commitments on the Content of the Natural Sciences ¿ with special Reference to Biology as a Discipline, in: Journal for Christian Scholarship, Year 37, 3de en 4th Quarter, 2001, pp.89-105.
- Christianity and Islam ¿ the development of modern science and the genesis of the modern (just) state. Acta Theologica. Volume 24, No.1, June 2004, pp.168-185.
- Are the Natural Sciences Free from Philosophical Presuppositions? Philosophia Reformata, Year 46, nr.1 (pp.1-13).
- 1966. 'Quantum physics and the philsophy of the cosmonomic idea' (translated by H. Kiefte from 'Quantumfysica en wijsbegeerte der wetsidee' Philosophia Reformata 31 (1966) 126) 1970, ¿Analysis of time in modern physics¿, Philosophia Reformata 35: 1-24, 119-131.
- 1972, ¿Metric and measurement in physics¿, Philosophia Reformata 37: 42-57.
- 1978, ¿The mathematical and technical opening up of a field of science¿, Philosophia Reformata 43: 18-37.
- 1979, ¿The isolation of a field of science¿, Philosophia Reformata 44: 1-15.
- 1980, ¿The opening up of a field of science by abstraction and synthesis¿, Philosophia Reformata 45: 47-76.
- 1980, Time and again, A systematic analysis of the foundations of physics, Toronto: Wedge; Bloemfontein: Sacum.
- 1981, ¿Theories as logically qualified artefacts I¿, Philosophia Reformata 46: 164-189.
- 1982, ¿Theories as logically qualified artefacts II¿, Philosophia Reformata 47: 20-40.
- 1983, ¿Kritische studie: Popper's Postscript (I)¿, Philosophia Reformata 48: 50-65.
- 1984, ¿Kritische studie: Popper's Postscript (II)¿, Philosophia Reformata 49: 71-91.
- 1984, ¿The kind of motion we call heat¿, Tydskrif vir christelike wetenskap 20: 1-43.
- 1985, ¿Spatial things and kinematic events (On the reality of mathematically qualified structures of individuality)¿, Philosophia Reformata 50: 9-20.
- 1986, ¿Some problems of time - some facts of life¿, Philosophia Reformata 51: 67-82.
- 1987, Theories at work, On the structure and functioning of theories in science, in particular during the Copernican revolution, Lanham, New York, London: University Press of America.
- 1988, ¿Criteria for a law sphere (with special emphasis on the ¿psychic¿ modal aspect)¿, Philosophia Reformata 53: 171-186.
- 1991, ¿Being human in the cosmos¿, Philosophia Reformata 56: 101-131. Time and Again: A Systematic Analysis of the Foundations of Physics (Wedge Publishing Foundation, 1980)
- 1995, ¿The cosmochronological idea in natural science¿, in: S. Griffioen, B.M. Balk (eds.), Christian philosophy at the close of the twentieth century, Kampen: Kok, 93-111.
- Relations and Characters in Protestant Philosophy (2006)
Gene B. Chase and Calvin Jongsma Bibliography of Christianity and mathematics 1910-1983 (Dordt, Iowa: Dort College, 1983)
Brabenec has edited a number of 'Mathematics from a Christian Perspective' Conference Proceedings, of which this is the first. They contain a wealth of useful information of integrating math and a Christian worldview, however, they are concerned primarily with higher education. Many of the articles are now available on-line here.
Roy A. Clouser The Myth of Religious Neutrality: A Essay on the Hidden Role of Religious Belief in Theories (Notre Dame: University of Notre Dame, 1991; 2nd edn 2005)
James Nikel Mathematics: Is God Silent? (Vallecito, CA: Ross House Books, 1990; 2nd edn 2000)
Russell W. Howell and James Bradley (ed.) Mathematics in a Postmodern Age: A Christian Perspective (Eerdmans, Grand Rapids, 2001)
T. Koetsier and L. Bergmans (eds) Mathematics and the Divine A Historical Study(Elsevier Science, 2004)
Gene B. Chase 'Has Christian theology furthered mathematics' In Facets of Faith and Science vol 2: The Role of Beliefs in Mathematics and the Natural Sciences: An Augustinian Perspective. Jitse M. van der Meer (ed.) University Press of America/ Pascal Centre for Advanced Studies: Lanham/ Ancaster, 1996.
Harold Heie and David L. Wolfe (editors) The Reality of Christian Learning: Strategies for Faith-Discipline Integration (Grand Rapids: Christian University Press/ Eerdmans, 1987)
Vern Poythress ¿A biblical view of mathematics¿ in Foundations of Christian Scholarship: Essays in the Van Til Perspective (Vallecito, CA: Ross House, 1976)
Danie F. M. Strauss 'A historical analysis of the role of beliefs in the three foundational crises in mathematics'. In Facets of Faith and Science vol 2: The Role of Beliefs in Mathematics and the Natural Sciences: An Augustinian Perspective. Jitse M. van der Meer (ed.) University Press of America/ Pascal Centre for Advanced Studies: Lanham/ Ancaster, 1996.
Danie F. M. Strauss 'Primitive meaning in mathematics: the interaction among commitment, theoretical worldview and axiomatic set theory'. In Facets of Faith and Science vol 2: The Role of Beliefs in Mathematics and the Natural Sciences: An Augustinian Perspective. Jitse M. van der Meer (ed.) (Lanham/ Ancaster: University Press of America/ Pascal Centre for Advanced Studies:, 1996).
Steve Bishop 'Beliefs shapes mathematics' Spectrum 28 (2) (Spring 1996)
Steve Bishop 'Mathematics and the myth of neutrality' Christian School Education 5 (4) (2001-2002): 19-21
James Bradley 'Two ways of knowing' Journal of the ACMS 2004 (Aug)
Edward Fackerell 'The Relationship Between Mathematics and the Christian Faith'. Christian Teachers Journal, Vol 11, No. 2, May 2003. (The Christian Teachers Journal can be contacted at: PO Box 7000, Blacktown NSW 2148 Australia)
Edward Fackerell 'A Christian perspective on teaching mathematics'.
Geertsema, Jan C. A Christian View of the Foundations of Statistics PSCF 39 (September 1997):158-164
Jan Gormas 'A search for intellectual, relational and spiritual integrity: secondary mathematics from a Christian perspective' Education and Christian Belief 9(2) (2005) abstract
Anglea Hare 'Mathematics and Christianity: Integration Project'
Laura Harrington 'All I really need to know I learned .... in maths class???'
Andrew M. Hartley The Philosophy of the Law Idea and the Role of the Prescientific in Statistical Inference Journal of the ACMS 2004 (Dec)
H. Harold Hartzler The Meaning of Mathematics JASA 1 (January 1949):13-19.
P. MacKenzie Entry Points for Christian Reflection within education (London: CARE, 1997) (Now available as an e-book)
Andrew Palfryman School mathematics and christian faith - are they related? ActNow Summer 2005.
Vern Poythress Creation and Mathematics; or What Does God Have to Do with Numbers? The Journal of Christian Reconstruction 1/1:128-40.
Vern Poythress 'Newton's Laws as Allegory' Journal of the American Scientific Affiliation 35/3:156-161.
Sharon K Robbert Christianity and mathematics Devotionals with mathematics content!
Danie F. M. Strauss 'Number concept and number-idea' PhilosophiaReformata. 35 (1970): 156-177
Danie F. M. Strauss Reductionism in Mathematics: Philosophical Reflections Journal for Christian Scholarship , Year 37, 1ste en 2nd Quarter, 2001, pp.1-12
Danie F. M. Strauss Is a Christian Mathematics possible? Tydskrif vir Christelike Wetenskap/Journal for Christian Scholarship, 2003(3&4):31-49.
Any other suggestions?
Bruce Wearne The social structure of human responsibility
Lyon, David. Sociology and the human being. (Downers Grove: InterVarsity Press, 1985).
Marshall, Paul A, and Robert E Vander Vennen, (eds). Social Science in Christian Perspective. (Lanham: University Press of America, 1988).
Storkey, Alan. A Christian Social Perspective (Leicester: Inter-Varsity Press. 1978).
Storkey, Alan 'The surrogate sciences' Philosophia Reformata, 51 (1986): 110-116. [from the Gospel and culture website]
Walter, J A. A long way from home: A sociological exploration of contemporary idolatry. (Exeter: Paternoster Press, 1979).
Elaine Storkey, Origins of Difference: The Gender Debate Revisited (Baker, 2001)
Elaine Storkey, What's Right With Feminism? (Third Way)
M Stewart Van Leeuwen et al, After Eden (Eerdmans, 1993).
Rockne McCarthy et al, eds., Society, State, and Schools: A Case for Structural and Confessional Pluralism (Eerdmans, 1981)
Paul Marshall & Robert E. Vandervennen, eds., Social Science in Christian Perspective (University Press of America, 1988)
Paul Marshall et al, eds., Stained Glass: Worldviews and Social Science (University Press of America, 1989)
Stanley Greidanus 'The use of the Bible in Christian scholarship' Christian Scholar's Review
Groenewoud, G. 'Scripture, worldview and philosophy' Philosophia Reformata 52 (1987): 166-181.
Kok, John, H. 'Vollenhoven and "Scriptural Philosophy"' Philosophia Reformata 53 (1988): 101-142.
Kok, John H. 'Vollenhoven and thinking in the Light of Scripture' Pro Rege 21 (2) (1992) 11-23.